27/07/2023 by bobbarrybailbonds 0 Comments
What Is the Importance of Bail Bonds?
After you’re arrested, you will either be released pending your next court date, or you will have to remain in jail until your charges are dismissed or you’re convicted and sentenced. If a judge awards you bail, you can secure your release by paying the bail amount to the court. This means you will get to stay with your friends or family until your case is resolved.
After you’re arrested, you will either be released pending your next court date or have to remain in jail until your charges are dismissed or you’re convicted and sentenced. If a judge awards you bail, you can secure your release by paying the bail amount to the court. This means you will get to stay with your friends or family until your case is resolved. If you can’t pay the full bail amount, you can visit a bail bonding company. At Bob Barry Bail Bonds, we offer 24-hour bail bonds in Daytona Beach, FL. We only require our clients to pay 10% of their bail amount in order to secure their freedom. Call us today to learn more about the bail bond process.
How Do Bail Bonds Work?
Bail bonds are surety bond that acts as a guarantee that you will appear in court at hearings and at trial. A bail bonding company and bail bonds agent will pay your bail to the court. In exchange, you or your family will pay the bail bonding company a percentage of the total bail amount and put-up collateral. By securing your bail bond, you are agreeing to the conditions of your release, as set by the judge. You are also agreeing to appear in court for all future hearings. If you don’t appear, you’re considered a fugitive and subject to pursuit by law enforcement, your bail bonds agent, and a Fugitive Recovery Agent.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of the Bail Bond Process
The bail bond process has benefits and drawbacks. The biggest benefit is that you won’t have to stay in jail while waiting for the resolution of your court case. You will be able to return to the comfort of your own home or the home of a family member or friend. Bail bonds do have drawbacks. If a family member or loved one puts up collateral for a bail bond and you don’t appear in court, they risk losing their collateral. That can be devastating and have lasting effects on your relationship. Here’s a look at the benefits of the bail bond process:
- Payment Options – Using a bail bonding company means that you will have more payment options available to you. If you pay the entirety of the bail amount to the court, it must be in cash, money order, or cashier’s check. Most bail bonding companies allow you to pay via credit card, a payment plan, or via collateral.
- Cheaper Option – Using a bail bonding company is a much cheaper option than paying the entire bail amount yourself. You typically only need to pay 10% of the entire bail amount and put-up collateral.
- Constant Availability – Bail bonding companies, particularly companies that offer 24-hour bail bonds, are available when you need them most.
- Jail Release – Paying bail secures your release from jail and your freedom pending the outcome of your case. Assuming you meet the terms and conditions of your release and continue to show up for court dates, you will not have to go back to jail.
Here’s a look at the drawbacks of the bail bond process:
- Non-Refundable Bond Fee – The bail bonding company might charge a non-refundable bail bond fee. This fee covers their administrative costs and mitigates some of the risks they take on by guaranteeing your appearance in court. Once you are convicted and sentenced, your case is dismissed, the charges are dropped, or you are found innocent, you or your family will get the majority of your money back and your collateral will be safe.
- Bail Agent Quality – Not all bail bond agents are created equal. Some of them prey on the desperation of families and charge predatory fees. It is important to do your due diligence and choose a reputable, trustworthy, professional, and experienced bail bonding company.
Choose Bob Barry, Bail Bonds
Our team at Bob Barry Bail Bonds has decades of experience helping clients navigate the bail bond process. We work closely with each client to give them the best chance of securing release from jail. We are dedicated to going above and beyond for each client because we know how scary it is to sit in jail waiting for your next court appearance. Our staff is available 24/7 to help you through every step of the process and to get you out of jail as quickly as possible.
Contact Bob Barry Bail Bonds to be Your Bail Bonding Company
If you’re looking for a trustworthy, reputable bail bonding company in Daytona Beach, FL, look no further than our experts at Bob Barry Bail Bonds. We are experienced, compassionate, and hard-working, and we treat each client with respect and dignity. Call us today or contact us online to begin the bail bond process and secure your release from jail.